Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My Long Lost Friend

For years, I searched off and on for a friend on the internet, but today I finally found him. His face was among the faces of bustedmugshots.com. I had not seen any image of him since the mid-eighties, but it was he, for sure. He had aged, appropriately though. His expression was sad, also appropriate, considering the circumstances. Understandably, he needed a shave. Other than all of this, my friend looked well. The two of us, obviously, have gone on with our lives. Clearly and especially because so much time has passed since I have seen or even heard anything about him. It has been decades. If ever there was a practical and down to earth guy, it was he. So very intelligent and self-sufficient, he was like this even when we were teenagers. A telecommunications company hired him when he got out of high school and that was the start of his career. I took one road; he took another. That is how life goes. I hope he has someone in his life to care for him the way he deserves. I do.

No comments: